There are resources to help faculty and staff learn about and enhance high performing practices and mindsets. The following resources can help individuals prepare for an unfreezing retreat, as well as apply our values, and practice the tools and mindsets covered in the unfreezing retreats.
- History: Read about some of the milestones reached on the journey from Excellence to Eminence.
- Summary of concepts: An overview of the concepts covered in the two-day unfreezing retreats.
- Aligning behaviors: Examples of what our values look like in practice.
- Annotated Bibliography for Culture: A list of scholarly articles compiled by Anne Massaro, Ph.D., and Members of The Student Life Research and Assessment Office.
- Investments in Ohio State's Culture Transformation Strategy: Information about how the University's culture transformation project is financed.
- Pursuing Eminence: An e-mail newsletter sent to unfreezing retreat attendees that offers tips on living our values and updates on culture transformation initiatives.
- What Success Looks Like: Stories about how faculty and staff across campus are making a difference by living the values.
- Completed retreats: View a list of groups who have completed culture retreats.
- Materials available for purchase: Purchase additional quantities of the materials used in the culture retreats.
- Retreat posters: Posters highlighting the concepts learned in the unfreezing retreat.
© 1994-2011 Senn-Delaney Leadership Consulting Group, LLC.
Every person is integral to the success of the University. As individuals serve in one or more of these roles, change is spread across the university.
- Faculty and Staff: Faculty and staff think about how to be more successful as an individual. Approach Excellence to Eminence and our culture transformation efforts with curiosity - think about what living the values looks like, and how to apply the tools and mindsets to a specific role.
- Peer Coaching Guide: When you attended your unfreezing retreat, you were given an opportunity to identify a peer coach with whom you could regularly talk about what’s happening in your life and how the concepts from the retreat might apply. These guides offer ways to strengthen these skills and live Ohio State’s values.
- Leaders: Leaders drive transformation within their college/unit by modeling high-performing behaviors and mindsets, and creating an environment that reinforces and recognizes those behaviors.
- Communicators: Communicators reinforce the tools and mindsets covered in the unfreezing retreats, and recognizing those who are living our values and making a difference through existing efforts, such as executive communications, publications, web sites, and meetings.
- Human Resource Professionals: Human Resource Professionals (HRPs) is to ensure human resource and employee relations practices, such as hiring, onboarding, and performance management, are grounded in our values, and support Excellence to Eminence efforts.
- Culture Facilitators: Culture Facilitators lead unfreezing retreats, training sessions that are a catalyst for change. They also give back to their home college/unit in many ways, including consulting with leaders and expanding the reach of culture transformation tools and mindsets with faculty and staff beyond unfreezing retreats.
- Culture Strategists: Culture Strategists help ensure application and reinforcement occur at the college/unit level by ensuring culture transformation is at the forefront of thoughts and top of agendas.
- Culture Strategist Tool Kit: Information, ideas, tools, and resources to help Culture Strategists serve as an example for others, and actively support their leaders to keep our values and culture transformation a priority.
- Culture Shaping at Ohio State: Resources to help Culture Strategists develop and implement culture action plans to outline the shifts needed to enable optimal performance, and strategies to create positive change. These resources were reviewed during the "A Deeper Look at Culture Shaping" training for Culture Strategists in June 2011.