Year-end policy reminders
December 31 is the deadline to make an annual qualifying gift for President's Club recognition. When considering your annual donation, please note the following as they could affect your 2016 recognition:
- The university and the President's Club office are closed December 23, 26 and 31, 2016, as well as January 2, 2017.
- You may donate online prior to midnight on December 31. This is the best way to confirm your continued recognition.
- December 29 and 30 are high-volume call days and we may not be able to respond to all calls and emails. We recommend calling our office (614-292-9550) or emailing us before December 29, 2016 with any questions that concern your President’s Club status.
- Special circumstances may apply to gifts from public and private foundations, and donor advised funds. Please review our Frequently Asked Questions or call our office if you have questions about your particular circumstance.
- IRA rollover distribution gifts are not eligible for President’s Club recognition, nor may athletic ticket points be accumulated.
- Matching gifts may be counted toward your recognition if received and processed prior to December 31.
Gift Delivery Information
- If your donation plan is to phone us with your credit card information, we recommend calling 614-292-9550 before December 29.
- If you plan to make your gift in person at the Longaberger Alumni House OR the Gift Processing Office at 1480 W. Lane Avenue, please call in advance to be sure someone will be available.
- If you are mailing a personal check via the US Postal Service, your envelope must be postmarked no later than December 31, 2016. Envelopes postmarked January 1 or later will be receipted for the 2017 giving year and applied to your 2017 President’s Club recognition. We cannot make exceptions to this policy so please keep in mind that the office hours of the USPS in your area could impact the date of the postmark on your gift.
- If you are mailing a credit card donation via the US Postal Service, IRS guidelines mandate that donations made by credit card are substantiated by the date the card is charged, not by the postmark date. If your plan is to mail a credit card donation to us, we must RECEIVE AND PROCESS it before December 31 in order to receipt you in 2016. Regardless of the postmark on the envelope, any credit card gift received through the first few days of January or later will be receipted for 2017 tax purposes and applied to your 2017 recognition. We cannot make exceptions to this policy so please keep in mind that the office hours of the USPS in your area could impact the date of the postmark on your gift.
- If you plan to overnight your contribution, please remember that we will be observing holiday hours the end of December and we may not be able to receive AND process all deliveries made on December 30.
- For your safety and credit card security, do not email, fax or leave your credit card number on voice mail. Compliance regulations prevent us from processing donations received via these communications.